In reverse order of the actual occurrence because it is very, very exciting that Kathy describes some awesome epiphanies she had from her last autocross of the season. Audra talks about riding in cars with strangers. And Kathy has a great trip with a group of MINIs for MINIs Take Vermont.
In this episode we get a breakdown of, you guessed it, a whole lot of car shit Kathy has gone through lately. She also bought a new car. Tune in to hear about what she got. It is a wild ride.
Audra, Kathy and Jess are at the bar for the first time since COVID. They meet a couple of new friends, Alex Schmidt and Nick Facciolo, and are joined by Matt Cwieka. They discuss Kathy and Jess’ first event in 18 long months, a Test and Tune. Matt managed to drive an amazing array of cars. And we debate/discuss, and are highly impressed by, a Tesla.
Kathy, Jess, and Audra met with a special guest, Lana Tsurikova, who told us the fabulous story of her driving and riding path starting from a small girl to a national Autocross Champion. Now she is looking to conquer the GS Trophy|BMW Motorrad competition in a motorcycle.
We talked about:
- The value of taking instructors.
- If you are contemplating going to Nationals, do not wait until you think you have a chance to win. Just do it for the experience.
- Value of autocross in daily life and in training for the motorcycle competition.
- The intensive training needed to prepare for the GS Trophy (off-road challenges on a 550-pound bike).
- Women in motorsports.
- How Lana wants to help educate and empower the younger generations.
- Follow her on Instagram and YouTube