In this episode we get a breakdown of, you guessed it, a whole lot of car shit Kathy has gone through lately. She also bought a new car. Tune in to hear about what she got. It is a wild ride.
Audra, Kathy and Jess are at the bar for the first time since COVID. They meet a couple of new friends, Alex Schmidt and Nick Facciolo, and are joined by Matt Cwieka. They discuss Kathy and Jess’ first event in 18 long months, a Test and Tune. Matt managed to drive an amazing array of cars. And we debate/discuss, and are highly impressed by, a Tesla.
Kathy, Jess, and Audra met with a special guest, Lana Tsurikova, who told us the fabulous story of her driving and riding path starting from a small girl to a national Autocross Champion. Now she is looking to conquer the GS Trophy|BMW Motorrad competition in a motorcycle.
We talked about:
- The value of taking instructors.
- If you are contemplating going to Nationals, do not wait until you think you have a chance to win. Just do it for the experience.
- Value of autocross in daily life and in training for the motorcycle competition.
- The intensive training needed to prepare for the GS Trophy (off-road challenges on a 550-pound bike).
- Women in motorsports.
- How Lana wants to help educate and empower the younger generations.
- Follow her on Instagram and YouTube