Audra and Jess sit down with Bill and Vicki Fischer who are endurance drivers with a podcast called Garage Heroes in Training. They discussed the differences between autocross and endurance racing, and the similarities with advice about how to get started. Their podcast focuses on new racers and they aim to help people learn from what they did and they augment their knowledge and experience with guests.
We also heard about:
- how Vicki’s sister, and co-host, learned how to drive a stick 5 days before her first race.
- that Bill is a “the more the merrier” kind of guy and this definitely shows in how they built their team and in his immediate generosity with the Shifting Points crew.
- that the goal for them is to learn, have fun and get better every time they race.
- it is a huge accomplishment to finish an endurance (and they frequently do!).
- $500 is not really the cap; it’s just the beginning.
And, if it’s worth doing, it is worth over-doing and that’s something we can really get behind!